Spirometry is a routine procedure for examining lung function. The amount of air and the air speed when breathing are measured.
Spirometry is used for:
- for evaluation of chronic cough or shortness of breath
- in the case of suspected diseases of the respiratory tract, lungs, heart
- in the case of suspected respiratory muscle disorders
- for tobacco-related respiratory damage
- before surgery (preoperatively)
- at medical checkups
- at occupational health checks (prevention and diagnosis of occupational diseases)
Follow-up, e.g. of / after
- cystic fibrosis
- house-dust allergy
- pulmonary emphysema
You can find more detailed information on the various spirometers in the respective product description below, for an overview of the portfolio please click here.
We also offer regular training courses for spirometry (in person or online) – more information and next dates are available here.